NEW YORK, December 14, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The holiday season has arrived, and Encounter.com posted tips for celebrating the season at home, along with the absolute worst gifts and what to consider when choosing a meaningful gift for your loved one.
Amid the Omicron variant and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the holidays are going to be different this year. Many couples will choose to spend their free time at home rather than in public places such as gatherings, holiday parties, and crowded restaurants. But that doesn’t mean the season won’t be special. Dating.com has shared some fun and romantic experiences at home that couples can afford during the vacation.
- Virtual cooking class: Virtual cooking classes are a great gift for couples, especially foodies. Couples can create professional charcuterie boards, learn the expert art of pizza-making, and experience cuisines from around the world, all without leaving home. Many chefs and vendors with online dining experiences even deliver ethnic and hard-to-find ingredients in advance so couples don’t have to spend more time shopping during the peak holiday season.
- Spa and massages: Who doesn’t like to be pampered? This year, install a home spa. Couples can take turns for romantic massages and spa treatments. They can also choose their favorite masks, drinks and desserts for a relaxing and romantic evening.
- Wine tasting: Treat yourself to a wine tasting in the comfort of your own home. Pick your favorite cold cuts and sample different chocolates and other small bites around a few bottles of premium wine (or more). Couples can share their favorite pairings and learn about each other’s tastes. If you need help selecting the best food and wine combinations, virtual vendors are available to provide professional advice and deliver wine, cheeses and jams right to your doorstep.
“Giving gifts is an important step in any romantic relationship, whether it’s just beginning or well beyond the honeymoon phase,” says Maria sullivan, Vice President and Dating Expert for Dating.com. “New and old couples shouldn’t wait until the holidays to shower themselves with gifts and experiences. Dating.com has introduced Freebies to innovate the in-app online dating experience.”
When choosing a gift for your loved one, it is essential to think about finding something that they will truly like. Dating.com surveyed its users and found that unfortunately 78% received freebies that they didn’t really appreciate. The company reports that the worst gifts its users have ever received include:
- Used candle
- Key ring
- A self-help / weight loss book
- Exercise equipment
- An online training subscription
- Disposable coasters
- An old gift card for a physical store that has closed permanently
- Open wine bottle
- DVD movie, without DVD player
And there are some gifts you should think twice about before giving. These are as follows:
- Jewelry: For many people, jewelry – especially a ring – is a truly special gift that represents continued love and commitment. The only time you should get your partner a ring that looks like a traditional engagement ring is when you are proposing. It should only be given when you are ready to take the next step with your significant other. Keep in mind that many people think that expensive jewelry such as earrings and a necklace fall into the same category and can represent more than just a holiday gift, but a long-term commitment. Think twice before giving jewelry, and make sure that your true feelings and intentions match what a gift such as fine jewelry represents.
- Perfume/Cologne: Perfume is a very personal thing, as a particular perfume or cologne will not have the same scent on everyone who wears it. If you’re thinking about gifting your partner a scent for the holidays, be sure to pick one that you think will really suit them. And don’t choose a scent that an ex wore before – it’s something to be avoided altogether when shopping for a gift for your partner.
- A pet: Even though it’s just a goldfish, pets are a huge commitment. Giving someone everything they need to take care of can be more of a burden than a gift. For example, a puppy or kitten is a 10-20 year commitment, and vet bills can quickly get expensive. When choosing a gift for your partner, you want to choose something that they will like, but that you don’t need to take care of every day. If you are determined to give your partner a pet, think twice and make sure that he or she would be completely okay with having it for the long term.
“Freebies will become a major trend in online dating as the services embrace technology and look for ways to gamble and make the online dating scene more attractive. For example, singles might start to see creative gifts offered to entice people to date them. , including dating apps that pay for dinner, drinks, activities, and transportation for users to dates, ”Sullivan added.
To join Dating.com’s vast international network of singles and find your partner, please visit www.dating.com.
About the dating group
Dating Group is a global social discovery platform, empowering people around the world to connect through the power of shared interests and mutual benefit. Dating Group has offices in seven countries and a team of over 500 professionals with over 73 million registered users across the portfolio. Dating Group brands include Dating.com, DateMyAge, LovingA, Tubit, AnastasiaDate, ChinaLove and many more, each with a unique platform tailored to different communities defined by interests, geography and demographics.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/datingcom-shares-at-home-date-ideas-and-gifts-not-to-give-this-holiday-301443744 .html